Founded by the Reverend Walter Wilkinson in Lowestoft in 1868, the School moved to Aldeburgh in 1870, changing its name three times – from Crespigny House to Eaton House to Aldeburgh Lodge. It then moved to its present site in Nacton in 1937 and was renamed Orwell Park. The magnificent building and grounds it now occupies were formerly owned by Admiral Vernon, 18th century naval hero, and Colonel Tomline, Victorian entrepreneur and founder of the Port of Felixstowe.
Orwell Park School in Nacton, near Ipswich, is situated in over 110 acres of beautiful grounds, woodland and playing fields overlooking the Orwell estuary in Suffolk.The main Prep School is housed in an exceptional late Georgian mansion. With adjacent Pre-Prep, classrooms and specialist facilities, Orwell Park has been described as one of the most beautiful school settings in England.