Orwell Park is a long established co-educational boarding and day prep school. The outstanding beauty of the grounds and the historic buildings contribute to an inspiring experience which combines the legacy and traditions of the past with the dynamism and energy of the present and the future. Boys and girls are given every opportunity to be the best they can be, both in and outside the classroom. High expectations, and learning strategies tailored to the individual child, lead to high levels of attainment.
Academic achievement and pastoral care are given top priority, alongside the core values such as courtesy, personal responsibility and respect for others. Children are encouraged to take on challenges, to overcome setbacks and to see failure as part of the journey to success, to develop the resilience, initiative, flexibility, creativity and collaborative skills that will prepare them for the next stage of their education and later life.
At Orwell Park pupils develop a balanced sense of themselves and a quiet confidence in their interactions with others.
- To provide for all pupils an academically challenging, inspiring and fulfilling experience
- To offer an all-round education in which happy and purposeful children can grow in confidence and self-esteem
- To encourage children to persevere when confronted with obstacles and to understand that they can develop their abilities through dedication and application
- To create a caring, trusting and supportive environment in which children show respect for each other and their environment
- To excite, engage and challenge each child, motivating them to explore and develop a lifelong love of learning, supported by teachers who are passionate about their subject and are themselves lifelong learners
- To offer all children the benefits of a school with a boarding ethos, encouraging independence, tolerance and responsibility
- To develop in each child an increasing sense of self-reliance as they prepare for senior school, being able to question, think and work independently
- To give each child an awareness of and an engagement with the outside world and the needs of others