Today we shared our annual Commemoration service giving thanks for the foundation of the school, and were delighted to be able to broadcast the recording to the whole Orwell Park community via OPS Online.
The School was founded by the Reverend Walter Wilkinson in Lowestoft in 1868, the School moved to Aldeburgh in 1870, changing its name three times – from Crespigny House to Eaton House to Aldeburgh Lodge. It then moved to its present site in Nacton in 1937 and was renamed Orwell Park. From being an all boys school to the introduction of girls in the 1990s, the School has undergone many changes including the building of the state of the art Pre-Prep and Nursery in 2013.
The magnificent building and grounds the School occupies were formerly owned by Admiral Vernon, 18th century naval hero, and Colonel Tomline, Victorian entrepreneur and founder of the Port of Felixstowe.